This is the ideal tour if you are short on time or hiking is not your speed. You don´t need to spend time acclimating because the only walking involved is your slow paced exploration of the citadel. The memorable train ride different microclimates and landscapes of the Andes Mountains is a once in a life time experience. Pass through amazing and breathtaking panoramic views on your relaxing journey to the magnificent Machu Picchu, as you travel the rails through the ancient towns of the Incas. Voyage through the Andean meadows lying amongst the various mountains with colorful peaks, the beautiful valleys, Inca farming terraces built by hand hundreds of years ago, snow-capped mountains and sub-tropical jungle along the way to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu.
The train journey is followed by a shuttle bus ride up the zig zagging hill to the mystical UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu (2,400m/7,907ft). We will enjoy a magical and mysterious journey back in time as we visit the Sacred Inca hideaway called Machu Picchu, “Old Sacred Mountain.” We will have plenty of time to explore the magnificent Machu Picchu, the Incan ruins with an amazing history of the thriving culture of the people who once lived there.
The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date that is best for you, as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 12 people||$ 327 USD per person|
***Private service is available for $40 USD more per person.***
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 people with no more than 12 people!***
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU?
- 4 am transfer from your hotel lobby to Ollantaytambo by private van
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket for Machu Picchu
- Two-hour guided tour with an English-speaking guide
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, then transfer to your hotel in Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain is not possible with the time schedule
- Tips for your guide
- No hotels
- Flight tickets
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- A small daypack with 2-3L water to drink
- Comfortable shoes
- Camera and rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
- Hat for the sun , sunscreen, insect repellent
- Passport (you cannot board the train or enter Machu Picchu without your passport)
- Money for souvenirs, drinks, food and tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the machu picchu tours