The Humantay Lake Trek is a scenic 2-day hike to Humantay Lake and beyond. Traipsing through the indigenous villages of Iscuchaca and Limatambo where the natives still uphold their ancient traditions. The lake is situated at the base of the glacier covered Salkantay Mountain Range. On the second day, you hike to the highest point of the trek (4,650m / 15,367ft). From this vintage point, you can take in nature at its purest, while enjoying the massive Salkantay, Humantay, and Huayanay snowcapped mountains that surround you. Finally, you take a detour off the main trail to the panoramic and truly exquisite turquoise Salkantay Lake void of crowds.
The Humantay Lake & Salkantay Mountain trek for 2 Days is available on any date as long as we have a minimum of 2 people.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people||$ 297 USD per person|
Personal porter included!
***This price includes an extra pack horse which will carry your belongings up to 7 kg / 15.4 lbs. We will provide a duffel bag to put your things in.
***We provide large Eureka 4-person tents for every 2 people.
- Coleman sleeping bags 15°c – $20 USD (steam cleaned after use)
- Thermarest Air Mattresses – $15 USD
- Blackjack Trekking Poles – $20 USD
ADDED VALUES FOR FREE
- TRANSFER – from the airport to any hotel in Cusco
- DUFFEL BAG AND LINER BAGS – included in the price
- BOILED WATER
- OXYGEN TANK will be available along the trek
- CAMPING PILLOW AND FOAM MATTRESS
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR HUMANTAY LAKE & SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN TREK?
- Pick-up at your hotel in the morning of your trek
- Private transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (trailhead) and back to Cusco
- English-speaking guide, experienced in trekking
- Comfortable four-person tents for only 2 people for space and comfort
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (we cater for any special dietary needs: request at booking)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen and toilet tent
- First aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) and horsemen
- Foam sleeping mattresses
- 7 kgs/15.4lbs. of your personal items such as extra clothes and sleeping bag will be carried by our mules and porters
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
WHAT IS NOT FOR THE HUMANTAY LAKE & SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN TREK?
- Coleman sleeping bags 15°c – $20 USD (They are steam cleaned after every trek)
- Thermarest Air Mattresses – $20 USD
- Blackjack Trekking Poles – $15 USD
- Flight tickets
- Hotels before and after the trek
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of Orange Nation
***Please Note: We do not rent or offer horses to take you up to Humantay Lake, this is a service offered by the residents of Soraypampa for a fee.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE HUMANTAY LAKE & SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN TREK?
- Original Passport (it has to be the same as the one used at booking)
- Good backpack 30 to 40L
- Water storage: 2-3L (Please bring reusable bottles)
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from Orange Nation)
- Toilet paper
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFEL BAG
As a Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing (night before your Trek) and INCLUDE an extra pack horse which will carry up to 7 kgs or 15.4lbs including your 2kg sleeping bag and mattress, the rest is for extra clothing.
- Necessary clothes
- Warm clothes
- Gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quick dry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office to line your duffel
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR HUMANTAY LAKE & SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN TREK?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 40L for hiking in the day. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring reusable water bottles.
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars, or any dry fruits
- Rain poncho
- Gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Alternative trek