Appreciate the natural rainbow colors of the recently discovered Rainbow Mountain Trek, walking through some isolated communities, where you can interact with indigenous people who still keep their ancient culture alive! You’ll see snow-capped peaks, herds of llamas, glaciers, and turquoise lakes, all within an incredibly colorful mountain range. The Rainbow Mountain hike offers a selection of wildlife including flying condors and Cara Cara hawks. The colorful sandstone mountains in the Vinicunca area are probably the coolest and most unique natural phenomenon you will ever see.
|NO. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 people||$ 117 USD per person|
|3 people||$ 97 per person|
|4 to 5 people||$ 87 per person|
|6 to 8 people||$ 70 per person|
If you wish, a horse can be rented for the ride from the locals when you arrive for around $30 USD (100 soles). You must bring Peruvian soles in cash for the local indigenous people who rent their horses.
What does the Rainbow Mountain Trek include?
- Private transportation from/to your hotel in Cusco (Door to Door Service).
- Expert trekking guide fluent in English/Spanish.
- Fees to access private land
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- All entries
- Everything will be in a small group of up to 12 people.
What is not included in the Rainbow Mountain Trek?
- Rental horse to take you to the summit (available from the locals at an additional fee)
- Travel insurance
- Walking Poles: $10 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
WHAT TO BRING FOR A DAY HIKE
- A lightweight and waterproof backpack
- rugged hiking boots
- Warm clothes and mountain pants, not jeans.
- Layers of clothing for variable temperatures
- Camera with extra film and batteries
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
- Thermal, wool socks, gloves, scarf, wool hat
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof clothing and/or rain poncho.
- Reusable water bottles (do not bring disposable)
- personal first aid kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips
- Walking sticks (rentable from Orange Nation)
- favorite snacks
- Toilet paper
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Rainbow Mountain Treks