The Ancascocha Trek to Machu Picchu is an incredible trail! Earning its nickname as the Hidden Inca Trail or even more apt the Super Inca Trail. The trek follows a path that takes you through lush green towering mountains, deep blue icy lakes, pristine waterfalls and so much more natural splendor.
Visit the small Inca archeological site of Inka Rakay. Indulge your senses at the summit of Aqocasa pass (4 686m) with its intense rusty-red color. Enjoy the Huayanay glacier that towers above the most picturesque landscape you will ever experience in your life. Yellow and purple blossoms color the plains, find hundreds of species of butterflies and other exotic fauna and the night skies are perforated with the undiluted light of a million stars. To around off this once in a lifetime adventure, encounter enroute isolated indigenous communities still maintaining a very simplistic lifestyle living off the land alone and speaking the ancient Inca language, Quechua.
Finally step into your guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site and New 7 Wonder of the World: Machu Picchu!
The Ancascocha Trek to Machu Picchu its available on any date that is best for you, as long we have a minimum of 2 people.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 12 people||$ 677 USD per person|
**** This price includes the extra pack horse which will carry your belongings up to 7 kgs. We will provide you with a duffel bag, in which to put your things.
***We provide large Eureka 4 person tents for each 2 trekkers.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: $30 USD. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Sleeping Bag – $20 USD per person per trek (They are steam cleaned after every trek)
- Air Mattress – $20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles – $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal Tent – $30 USD (Tent for solo trekkers only)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – $57 USD per person (For the return to Poroy at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Hotel single supplement –$35 USD for solo travelers
- Hotel upgrades – Hotel Ferre 3* included (other 3* upgrades $60 USD) Hotel, US$110 for 4* hotel like el Mapi or $75 USD for 4*hotel like Tierra Viva superior room
ADDED VALUES FOR FREE
- TRANSFER – from the airport to hotel (Cusco only)
- DUFFEL BAG AND LINER BAGS – included in the trekking price!
- EXTRA PACK HORSE is included in the price, the HORSE will carry your belongings up to 7 kgs /14lbs like sleeping bag, mattress, clothes etc
- BOILED WATER is provided at each mealtime
- OXYGEN TANK will be available along the trek
- EMERGENCY HORSE is included in the price which can be ridden if you get tired or sick
- CAMPING PILLOW
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel (It can be done on any date before the trek)
- Pick up at your hotel in the morning of the trek departure and drop off after
- Private transport from Cusco to Mollepata (starting point of the trek)
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- English-speaking, professional guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Comfortable tents (sleeping 2 people in a 4 person tent)
- All camping equipment such as dining tent, tables, chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy – Cusco
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes in a restaurant (4th day)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private room and bathroom
- Mules and horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen, 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bags, etc
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency such as illness to ensure the trek is completed by all participants
- Foam mattress and camping pillow
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Sleeping Bag: $20 USD per person per trek (They are steam cleaned after every trek)
- Air Mattress: $20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles: $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent: $30 USD – (Tent for solo travelers only)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade: $57 USD per person (For the return to Poroy at 4:43pm)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Hotels before and after the trek
- Flight tickets
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and horsemen of ORANGE NATION PERU
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
Original Passport: VERY IMPORTANT: (Must be the same as the one used to book the trek)
Valid University Card: (Only if you booked as a student)
Water storage: 2-3L (Camelbaks are encouraged)
Headlamp: Headlamp frees up hands for getting to essential items at night & late-night bathroom trips. (Backup flashlight & batteries are recommended)
Toilet paper: Make sure to pack your own. (You can find it in most small stores around the main square in Cusco)
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFEL BAG FOR ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
As a Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse which will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 lbs including your 2kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Bathing suit for the thermal waters
- Fleece / Thermals
- Warm clothes, jacket
- Waterproof gloves
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones but you might prefer something larger
- A small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office to line your duffel
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
- Face moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band-aids, moleskin, etc
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR ANCASCOCHA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
We highly recommend a small backpack of 30 to 40L for hiking during the day. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring reusable bottles, not disposable ones.
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars, or dry fruits
- Rain poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and a small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Alternative trek