When you hike the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, you will see impressive Inca ruins, expansive mountain views, lush subtropical vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The Ancient Inca Road goes through the National Park and takes you through the Sun Gate with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu! We will pass through cloud forest and finally into subtropical vegetation. People hiking the short Inca Trail Trek will have the privilege of seeing the famous Machu Picchu Citadel in the afternoon on the first day and also visiting it the next morning! This trek was designed for those with little travel time who would like to experience a part of the Historic Inca Trail and walk to the New 7 Wonder of the World: Machu Picchu!
BEST PRICE FOR THE 2 DAY INCA TRAIL?
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available on almost any day that suits your schedule! We only need a minimum of two people in order to book!
Price Per Person
|Without Hotel||3* Hotel (Included)||3* Hotel (Others)||4* Hotel|
|$417 USD||$447 USD||By request||US$577|
- 3* Hotel: Ferre Hotel Machu Picchu (Included)
- 4*: El Mapi (1st option)or Tierra Viva Hotel (As 2nd option) – They depend on availability!
- **Single supplement USD $35 for 3*(other 3* upgrades $60 USD) Hotel, US$110 for 4* hotel like el Mapi or $75 USD for 4*hotel like Tierra Viva superior room
- Huayna Picchu Mountain Hike: $75 USD per person
- Vistadome Train: $57 USD per person – (RETURN ONLY)
- Hotel single supplement $35 USD per night for Ferre´ Hotel (for solo travelers with single room)
- Duffel bag (5 kilos or 11 lbs): sent to your hotel in Aguas Calientes for those staying extra days
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card is required at booking for government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Hotel pick up
- Private transportation from your hotel to the train station
- Permits for the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and entrance to Machu Picchu.
- 3 Bus tickets: from Machu Pichu down to Aguas Calientes, the next morning from Aguas Calientes up to Machu Picchu, and the afternoon return down to Aguas Calientes
- Licensed guide experienced in trekking and fluent in English
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Expedition Train from Ollantaytambo to KM104 – Ollantaytambo with private van connection to Cusco
- Admission tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- 3* One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, bathroom, private room and breakfast included)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person
- Walking Poles: $10 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- First breakfast (Usually served at your hotel) and last lunch at Aguas Calientes
- Hotels before and after your trek
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES: Hotel
- VISTADOME Trains – $57
- Tips for your staff (Orange Nation Peru staff receive a fair wage immediately after they end their trip, tips are optional but they do greatly appreciate them)
**Huayna Picchu is optional treks within Machu Picchu Citadel which does not include a guide. The climb is usually done on your own after your tour of Machu Picchu Citadel. If you would like the extra hike to be guided, please request in advance. There is an extra cost for this extra guided tour.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU ?
- Original Passport: (Must be the same you used for booking your trek)
- Valid, University Card: (Only if you booked as a student)
- Good Daypack: One with extra room for a box lunch (the smaller, the better)
- Water: 2-3L (Camelbak bladders are encouraged)
- Boots: Comfortable broken in hiking boots or shoes (Boots with ankle support recommended).
- Sleeping Bag: 4 season bag (can be rented from ORANGE NATION)
- Headlamp or flashlight: Headlamp frees up hands (Back-up flashlight & batteries are recommended)
- Toilet paper: Make sure to bring your own.
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DUFFEL BAG ?
As a Direct Local Tour operator we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra porter who will carry up to 7 kgs or 15 lbs. Including your 2kg sleeping bag.
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quick dry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer your own
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us for $20USD
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DAY BACKPACK ?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 – 40 Liters for hiking. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Drinking Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal. Please bring your canteens or bottles
- Sun Hat
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, ice cream, cereal bars, protein bars
- Coca leaves
- Rain plastic poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Inca Trail