Appreciate the natural Rainbow-like colors of the recently discovered Rainbow Mountain Trek! You will hike through some secluded communities, in which you may interact with the indigenous people who are still keeping their ancient Inca culture alive! You will see snow-capped peaks, herds of llamas, glaciers and turquoise lakes, all set within an incredibly colorful mountain range. The Rainbow Mountain trek offers a selection of wildlife including soaring Condors and Cara Cara Falcons. The colorful sandstone mountains in the area are probably the coolest and most unique natural phenomenon you will ever see!
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people||$ 250 USD per person|
***This price includes an extra pack horse which will carry your belongings up to 7 kgs. We will provide you a duffel bag, in which you can put your things.
***We provide large Eureka 4 person tents for each 2 trekkers.
- Sleeping bag –$10 USD per person per trek (They are steam cleaned after every trek)
- Air mattress –$10 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking poles –$5 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- ADDED VALUES FOR FREE
- TRANSFER – from the airport to hotel (Cusco only)
- DUFFEL BAG AND LINER BAGS – included in the trekking price
- BOILED WATER is included along the Trek
- OXYGEN TANK will be available along the trek
- CAMPING PILLOW
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE 2 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE?
- Pick-up at your hotel the morning of your trek
- Private transport from Cusco to Soraypampa trailhead and back to Cusco
- English-speaking, experienced and professional guide
- Comfortable tents with two people in a four-person tent
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen and toilet tent
- Tent for our staff to sleep in
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- Foam sleeping mattresses and camping pillow
- 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes and sleeping bag will be carried by our pack horses
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE 2 DAYS?
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°C
- Air mattresses
- Trekking poles
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of ORANGE NATION PERU
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L (Please bring reusable bottles, not disposable)
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from Orange Nation)
- Headlamp: essential
- Toilet paper
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFEL BAG
As a Direct Local Tour operator we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse which will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 pounds including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing.
- 1 t-shirts
- 1 hiking pants
- 2 sets of undergarments
- 2 sets of hiking socks
- Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket
- Warm gloves
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office to line your duffel
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
- Face moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 40L for hiking in the day. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring your canteens
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits.
- Rain poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Rainbow Mountain Treks