Appreciate the newly discovered geological wonder the natural marvel that is Rainbow Mountain. Hike through isolated communities, passing herds of llamas and alpacas. Hike at high altitudes along side the great Ausengate snow-capped mountain peak.. stunning turquoise lakes, locals dressed in colorful traditional attire and a diverse range of fauna like the massive soaring Condor and Cara Cara falcons.
The hike is challenging because its such high altitude, however the trail itself is a gradual incline with only one steep section. As a reward for reaching the top, feast your eyes on the many vibrant colors that cover the mountain like turquoise, lavender, orange. gold and so much more.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|1 person||$ 190 USD per person|
|2 to 3 people||$ 99 per person|
|4 to 5 people||$ 77 per person|
If you desire, a horse can be rented for the trip from locals when you arrive for about $25 USD. You must bring cash in Peruvian Soles for the indigenous locals who rent their horses.
Whats in included for the Rainbow Mountain Trek?
- Private transportation to/ from your hotel in Cusco ( Door to Door service).
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking expert trekking guide
- Fees to access private land
- First aid kit & emergency oxygen
- All entrances
- Everything will be in a small group of up to 12 people.
What is not included for the Rainbow Mountain Trek?
- Horse for one way or round trip (can only rent from the locals)
- Travel Insurance
- Walking Poles: $15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Hotels before and after trek
- Flight tickets
WHAT TO BRING FOR A DAY HIKE
- A lightweight, waterproof day pack
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Warm clothes and hiking pants, not jeans
- Layers of clothes for variable temperatures
- Camera with extra film and batteries
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- Thermals, wool socks, gloves, scarf, wool hat
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof clothing and or a rain poncho
- Reusable water bottles (please do not bring disposable)
- Personal medical kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips
- Walking sticks (rentable)
- Favorite snacks
- Toilet paper
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Classic day tours