Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire called Tawantinsuyo and is a living museum overflowing with the country’s rich history and culture. You can see the different stages of History from ancient times to the Baroque Style Spanish Architecture and finally modern Cusco. There are numerous archeological sites, Cathedrals, museums, and many shops to explore. Visit the most interesting sites in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley with all of its ancient treasures and Inca ruins, plus a Tour of Machu Picchu followed by a visit to Rainbow Mountain! The Sacred Valley is vast and stretches for miles with many small indigenous towns, secluded weaving villages, outdoor handicraft markets and ancient Inca Ruins including Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Urubamba.
Visiting the Salt Mines with thousands of ponds carved into the mountainside (amazing sight) and the Terraces of Moray, which are built in the form of an amphitheater and have different temperatures at each level to grow different crops. The crops were watered through a complex irrigation system and allowed the cultivation of the Incas to grow over 250 types of vegetables. We will explore interesting and incredible ruins and the world famous Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, which lies at the foot of Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Next, we will enjoy the radiant colors of the recently discovered Rainbow Mountain, hiking through some secluded communities, in which you may interact with the indigenous people who are still holding onto their traditional culture. You will appreciate snowcapped peaks, herds of llamas, glaciers and blue lakes, all set within a breathtaking colorful mountain range. The Rainbow Mountain trek provides a different types wildlife such as soaring condors and Cara Cara falcons. The colorful sandstone mountains in the Vinicunca area are probably the most unique and coolest thing you will ever see!
This Cusco to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain Tour can be done on any date as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants!
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 12 people (with 3 nights hotel)||$ 807 USD per person|
|2 to 12 people (without hotel)||$ 677 USD per person|
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 4 to 5 people with a maximum of 12!***
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking
- Huayna Picchu Hike: $75 USD. This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train: $57 USD.
- Upgrade Hotel Aguas Caliente: 3 star $50 USD. (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star also)
- Hotel single supplement: $35 for solo travelers
What is included for the Custom 4-Day Machu Picchu Tour Package?
- Pick up at your hotel
- Tours of Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- Rainbow Mountain trek
- Boleto Turistico: Entrances to the Inca Cities and all Archeological Sites
- Private transportation for all tours
- Round Trip Expedition Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast in Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Cusco
- Meals as indicated on itinerary
- Roundtrip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- Professional English & Spanish speaking guide
- 2 hot meals at Rainbow Mountain – breakfast and lunch
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary
- Entrance fee to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (optional)
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu: $75 USD
- Upgrades train/hotel: For Vistadome train add $57 USD per person
- Tips for your guide
- Hotels before and after the trek
- Travel insurance
- Flight tickets
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- A small backpack or carry bag (larger not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu)
- A change of clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Water to drink
- Rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket
- Basic toiletries
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes
- Hat for the sun
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
- Original passport (you cannot enter Machu Picchu without it)
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the machu picchu tours