The 1 Day Inca trail is the fastest trek to Machupicchu and Yes! it is possible to hike part of the Inca trail and visit the archaeological site of Machupicchu in one day. It starts from the train route of KM 104. This route has more spaces available than the Classic Inca Trail with a moderate level climb. This trail features one of the most important archaeological sites, Wiñay Wayna ´Forever Young´, stunning Inca ruins and beautiful mountainous landscape that enters through the Sun Gate, where most people take the classic photos of Machupicchu. A 02 hour private guided tour takes you into the fascinating history of these spectacular ruins.
The 1-Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available on any date as long as we have a minimum of 2 people except in February when it is closed for maintenance.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 3 people||US$ 387 per person|
|+4||US$ 377 per person|
***If you are traveling alone, please contact us for a special private price or to find a group you can join.
- Under 17 years and under US $30 (Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.)
- Under 11 years old: US $40 (Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.)
- Upgrade to Vistadome: $57 per person from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Stay the night in Aguas Calientes: 2*,3*, 4* or 5*hotel. (we will book your return train back to Cusco for another day but you must book your own hotel.)
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Private transfer from your hotel to the train station.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Expedition Tourist Train – Ollantaytambo / kilometer 104 and Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo with a private transfer back to Cusco.
- Admission Ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 1 Box lunch.
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank.
- It is not possible to do the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain hike in one day.
- Snacks such as chocolate bars, dried fruits, etc.
- Dinner at Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for the staff (Optional but greatly appreciated).
- Hotels before and after your trek
- Flight tickets
- Walking Poles: $10 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
PACKING CHECKLIST FOR THE 1 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
The 1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu DOES NOT INCLUDE an extra porter! You need to carry all your things, please try to pack as light as possible.
- Original Passport (Must be the same name and passport number used to Book the Trek).
- A good day pack with extra room for your box lunch.
- Water bottle: 1 – 2 liters (depending on how much you drink).
- Comfortable hiking boots or shoes.
- Toilet Paper.
- Dress in layers.
- Sun Hat
- Rain gear – just in case.
- Snacks like chocolate bars, ice cream, cereal bars or dried fruits.
- Rain poncho.
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips.
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Inca Trail