Peru’s best-known hike, visited by thousands of tourists every year, this 43-KM 5- day Classic Inca Trail combines visits to mysterious and religious Inca cities, amazing mountain scenery and lush cloud forests rich in Andean flora and fauna, and culminates in the Sacred Inca City of Machu Picchu! The 5 day program is an excellent alternative to avoid most of the crowds found on the 4 day classical route and to reach quieter, more beautiful campsites. It is also recommended for families with children and mature adults, as it gives an extra day for acclimatization to the altitude and the daily walking distance is shorter because its spread out better.
Please see the Inca Trail availability online and make sure that your preferred departure date or back up date are available. Live our experience and have a look at our equipment, packing checklist, and our meals which have been highlighted by our clients.
The Inca Trail Tour 5 day is available on any date that is best suited to you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers and Inca Trail permits are available!
PRICE – Group Service
$897 USD per person – Personal porter included!
***This price includes the extra porter who will carry your belongings up to 7kgs, we provide you a duffel bag, where you can put your things.
***We provide large Eureka 4 person tents for each 2 trekkers.
PRICES – Private Service
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 hikers||$1227 USD per person|
|3 – 4 hikers||$ 1077 USD per person|
|5 – 6 hikers||$ 977 USD per person|
|7 – 8 hikers||$ 777 USD per person|
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Sleeping Bag –$20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress – $20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles –$15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent- $30 USD – (tent for solo trekker only)
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From $60 USD (depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade -$57 USD per person (For the return to Cusco at 4:43pm)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain -$75 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single supplement -$35 USD per night (for solo travellers with single room)
***Huayna Picchu is an optional trek within Machu Picchu Citadel which does not include a guide. The climb is usually done on your own after your tour of Machu Picchu Citadel. If you would like the extra hike to be guided, please request in advance. There is an extra cost for this extra guided tour.
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE 5 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel
- Pick up at your hotel
- Private transport from Cusco to Piscacucho (starting of the trek)
- 5 kgs of your personal items extra clothes, sleeping bag to be carried by the porters, just carry your daypack
- 4 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) for each 2 trekkers
- Foam mattresses and camping pillows
- English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains and archeology
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Porter to carry tents, food, cooking equipment
- Warm water to freshen up
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles after each meal
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef, cooking equipment
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
- Permit for the Inca Trail
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Inca Citadel
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 3 bus tickets from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- One night hotel in Aguas Calientes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Huayna Picchu: $75 USD Please let us know at the time of booking.
- Machu Picchu: $75 USD Please let us know at the time of booking.
- Hotel before and after the trek
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Flight tickets
- First breakfast and Last lunch – We will stop at Ollantaytambo for the first breakfast and have the last lunch at Aguas Calientes after the tour of Machu Picchu.
- VISTADOME Train: $57 USD per person extra. (Return Only)
*** Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters ORANGE NATION PERU – Our staff receives a fair wage immediately after their trip has ended, tips are optional but they do greatly appreciated them.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU ?
- Original Passport: (Must be the same you used for booking your trek)
- Valid, University Card: (Only if you booked as a student)
- Good Daypack: One with extra room for a box lunch (the smaller, the better)
- Water: 2-3L (Camelbak bladders are encouraged)
- Boots: Comfortable broken in hiking boots or shoes (Boots with ankle support recommended).
- Sleeping Bag: 4 season bag (can be rented from ORANGE NATION)
- Headlamp or flashlight: Headlamp frees up hands (Back-up flashlight & batteries are recommended)
- Toilet paper: Make sure to bring your own.
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DUFFEL BAG ?
As a Direct Local Tour operator we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra porter who will carry up to 7 kgs or 15 lbs. including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing.
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quick dry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer your own
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us for $20USD
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DAY BACKPACK ?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 – 40 Liters for hiking. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Drinking Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal. Please bring your canteens or bottles
- Sun Hat
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, ice cream, cereal bars, protein bars
- Coca leaves
- Rain plastic poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips
Why travel with Orange Nation Peru?
We have become the leaders in small group adventure travel over the past three decades by consistently listening to our travelers and delivering what they desire: adaptable itineraries, the freedom to explore, smaller group sizes, safety and peace of mind, and knowledgeable local guides who provide unique insights into the destination that would be missed through any other means of travel.Learn more
EXPERT GUIDES : Our expedition staff are experienced, enthusiastic and among the best in the industry - they are our secret to success
SMALL GROUPS: Travelling with us will always feel like going with friends and not with a group of strangers in an organized tour.
OUR EXPERIENCE: With fifteen years’ experience and over 25 Packages to Machu Picchu alone, our team knows how to deliver a successful expedition.
ENVIRONMENTAL: ENVIRONMENTAL: Education and conservation are our passion. We aim to create lifelong ambassadors for the protection of all wilderness areas.
Ready to Create a Unique Dream Travel in Perú?
Recommended for you
Here you have other options that will suit your needs from the Inca Trail